If you are a board member of a small to medium not for profit organisation in the community sector, here is some information and resources to give you more information on the Coalition of Community Boards.
Download the Coalition of Community Boards Charter
Includes objectives and purpose. Some of our local collaborations also use this as a template to modify to suit their own working groups.
Devoted to nonprofit governance resources and research and designed to assist nonprofit boards to develop and to inform their deliberations about their future governance arrangements and organisational development
Developed by QCOSS, community door provides information for QLD organisations. Resources, workshops and workforce development topics. There is also availability to run private social networks via their network spaces for collaborative workspaces
A guide to operating an incorporated association in Queensland
Twenty-five questions a not-for-profit treasurer needs to ask.
Anyone taking on the role of treasurer in a not-for-profit organisation must have – or needs to learn – a basic understanding of accounting and a working knowledge of the laws governing the organisation’s operation.
The Department of Fair Trading’s smart business guide for incorporated associations.
The role of Treasurer: must do, should do, could do.
The National Standards have been developed to support the involvement of volunteers and act as a resource for organisations in which volunteers are involved.
Notes from recent CoCB activities
2020 Sunshine Coast CoCB workshops and forum notes
2019 Sunshine Coast CoCB workshops and forum notes
- notes for Forum for Chair’s, Treasurer’s and Secretary’s_12 March 2019
- notes_Developing Relationships that Benefit Your Organisation_14 April 2019
- Notes made Developing a Constructive Culture _16 May 2019
- notes from Attracting and Activating your Groups membership_ 4 July 2019
- notes_Intro to Planning for Small Community Org’s_ July & Oct 2019
- Notes_discussions at Management Committee Essentials 12 July 2019_Landsborough
- notes_How Formal is Normal_4 Sept 2019
- notes_Management Committee Essentials Workshop_10 Sept 2019
- notes Sticky Committee Questions Brainstorm notes_ 21 Nov 2019
2018 Sunshine Coast CoCB workshops and forum notes
Provides advice, connections, training and easy-to-use tech tools for people and organisations working to build stronger communities.
Have you listed your organisation on this important database yet? It’s more than just an online listing. Watch the video below for more: